My dear friend Abby from Mutterings has come up with a wonderful fundraising idea for cancer research. She has made one of her terrific BubsBears as a prize and is also asking all of you talented people out there to also donate a prize and / or to bid at least £1 to this great cause. Doing so will automatically enter you into a raffle to win one of many great prizes! The main prize being this wonderful bear!!!
Abby chose to make a bear out of this beautiful fabric as the pink ribbon is associated with breast cancer – a diagnosis that one of her dear friend’s sister is currently battling with. I too, in January, lost a very dear friend from the same condition – and so of course wanted to get involved with this great fundraiser. I ask you to do the same.
Please click the following link to find out more and make your donation: http://www.justgiving.com/Abby-and-friends
So, to recap, here’s what you have to do:
- make a small donation here – even if it’s only £1, it all goes to a fantastic cause. Your dontaion, however big or small, not only makes a difference but automatically enters you into the raffle.
- if you have a blog, please write a post about this and add a link to the ‘Just Giving’ page where people can donate and enter the raffle. Ask them to please read the blurb carefully as there are a couple of important points there regarding Gift Aid etc. According to the rules, as this is a raffle, it is NOT seen as a freewill donation so Gift Aid CANNOT be claimed. So please make this clear otherwise donations may be returned and the charity will lose out.
- if you blog about it, ask others to blog about it too. Feel free to use any photo or text from this post if you want.
- if you are a maker, crafter, photographer…consider donating a prize towards the raffle. It doesn’t have to be huge, just something you have made. If you can offer something, please email Abby at firstname.lastname@example.org
- tell all your friends on Facebook, Twitter or any other site you belong to about the raffle.
The target is set at £200 – let’s try and raise as much as we can for this worthy cause…together.